I can hardly believe that we are in the final days of 2017! When I think of what a whirlwind year it was, I realize just how many blessings and adventures we had along the way. I am so incredibly thankful for this life, and all the people I get to share it with! So without further adieu, I give you the highlight reel!
Top 5 Travel Destinations in 2017
One of my goals for 2017 (okay, my personal mantra for my life) was to travel as much and as far as my wallet and PTO days would allow. If you’re trying to figure out a 2018 destination, I give you my five favorites from the last year as a starting point!
- Pristine beaches, mouth-watering seafood, and rugged coastlines; Croatia is a paradise that you’ll dream about long after you’ve returned. A perfect day includes boating around the Paklinski Islands and ending your day with delicious Croatian wine while taking in a stunning Hvar sunset. Forgive me for my lack of a blog post on this spot, promise it’s in the works!
We all have a bucket list trip and for my mom it has always been Cape Cod and Nantucket. Well, this year we crossed her dream destination off the list, and it could not have been a more perfect trip (if you don’t count my dad getting sick!). These New England coastal towns are oozing with charm that cannot be missed.
- The land of fire & ice was the destination to see in 2017, and it won’t be leaving the travel radar any time soon. We chased waterfalls, hiked glaciers, and road-tripped through lava fields and volcanoes. The beauty is in the landscape; a destination for the adventurous.
- A quaint village nestled between a lake and mountain…need I say more? If fairytales were real, the happy endings would be in Hallstatt.
- Not a shocker, but a forever and always top travel destination. Until we make this place our forever home I’ll take my yearly trips back to the Low Country.
Top 5 Moments of 2017
- A Coffee & A Carry On
- I have so enjoyed sharing my travels with you on this space. Having A Coffee & A Carry On has helped me personally stay true to my passion of traveling and finding ways to inspire you, my family and friends, to explore as much and as often as you can! Thank you so much for following along!
- I went from an Aunt of 2 to an Aunt of 3 1/2
- One of my greatest roles in life has been being an aunt to my two nieces, Jovie and Emma. And this year we welcomed our third niece, Willow Faith, AND we were told we have another niece or nephew to look forward to in 2018!
- Milans moved West
- Gus and I have always talked about living all over the world. When we moved to DC we knew it wouldn’t be forever, but we also didn’t know where our next adventure would take us. Well, we found out in November that place would be Denver. In a whirlwind of a month, we said goodbye to DC, our home for 3 1/2 years, and hello to the West! We are so looking forward to exploring this area and being closer to family!
- First Solo Trip Abroad
- Probably one of my biggest accomplishments of 2017. Traveling abroad, alone, is liberating and terrifying all at once. It was an experience I’ll treasure forever.
- Weddings, Weddings Weddings
- 2017 was a great year for weddings. We witnessed some of our closest friends say ‘I Do’ and my brother-in-law married the best girl ever on the beach this year with close family and friends as witness. What a year for love!
Looking at you, 2018
At the beginning of every year, much to my husband’s dismay, I plan out our year and all of the things I hope to accomplish. Here’s the short version of that VERY long list!
- Cross another continent off the list.
- Can’t blame a girl for being filled with wanderlust. We’re eyeing South America so if you have any recommendations, I’m all ears!
- Exploring Denver
- It’s a running joke between Gus and I that I always plan adventures OUTSIDE of the city we live in, leaving very little time to get acquainted with our every day views. In 2018, our goal is to make it a priority to stay home (sometimes) and see what all the rage is about in Denver!
- Visit National Parks
- I am a lover of the city, but recently I’ve been researching and dying to explore more National Parks. Living in Denver, I think we can make this goal happen without a doubt. Have you been to any National Parks? If so, which do you recommend?
- Run my second half marathon with Gus
- Yep, you read that right WITH Gus! My sprinter husband has agreed to train for a half marathon to run with me. Now to find the perfect location to run in..
- Making our place a home
- Because we are always on the go I have been slacking on decorating our place so that it is inviting and welcoming. Knowing we will be in Denver for at least four years for Gus’s job is the perfect opportunity to take the time to make our place a home. I have so many ideas, and I’m ready to execute. Now, if only the movers would get here with our stuff.
2018 is going to bring so many new adventures, and I look forward to sharing them with you. Thank you for following me on my travels! I hope 2018 brings you so much happiness and lots of adventure!